There are different uses for a fire pit. You could cook some salmon, prepare meals with all sorts of vegetables, or make a juicy hot dog. The place is also perfect for gathering with relatives and sharing stories under the night sky. However, the fire pit does need protection from negative weather effects or animals. You could use a tarp, but it might get blown away or do damage. There is a better solution. A great idea would be to use one of ALCO’s custom made fire pit covers. The material is breathable and easy to use.
Protection From The Elements
ALCO covers provide low temperature protection for the coldest climates.
ALCO covers provide UV protection for the sunniest hottest climates.
ALCO covers provide extreme wind protection for the widest climates.
ALCO covers provide rain protection for the wettest climates.
When is the Right Time to use the Custom Made Fire Pit Covers?
It is advisable to put a cover on the fire pit whenever you are not using it. Make sure the fire goes out, and everything is cool. Then, remove the ash until everything is clean. Here is a list of situations in which the custom fitted fire pit covers are useful:
- Exposure to sunlight. Slowly over time, UV rays from the sun can harm the fire pit by cracking it. The colors will start fading away.
- When there are weather effects such as snow and rain. Moisture could erode the fire pit. Cold temperatures will freeze the moisture, and the ice might cause some external damage. With a proper cover, the fire pit will remain dry and clean. It will be ready for use whenever you need it.
- If the garden has insects or critters. ALCO’s extra large fire pit covers can completely shield the pit. No animals will be able to can get near the pit or build nests close by.
- The cover also offers great protection against dirt or storm debris. If your fire pit is decorative and requires good care, you will definitely need a nice cover to keep everything clean and safe at all times.
Measuring the Fire Pit Cover
You need to measure your fire pit before buying a cover. Here are some pointers on what to look out for:
- If your fire pit is round, you will have to measure the diameter and height. Check the distance between both ends through the center. Next, measure the distance from the ground to the top. You might want to buy a slightly shorter fire pit cover for better breathability.
- If the fire pit is rectangular, carefully measure its width, depth, and height. Once again, it would be wise to search for a slightly shorter cover (something around one or two inches shorter).
Some Extra Tips
Proper air circulation is essential, and all custom made fire pit covers guarantee it. Browse around until you find a fire pit cover with the perfect size. If no sizes fit, try slightly larger or wider ones. When speaking to an employee, mention the type of climate you live in – is it often rainy, windy, or cold? Some fire pit covers could be more beneficial depending on the weather. Be sure to also mention how often you use the fire pit.