We supply customized and standard shipping container covers for open top containers. This includes the most common 20 ft and 40 ft containers. The covers are made to provide safety and protection for all cargo types. We are competitively priced and can supply any type of cover per your drawing with eyelets and TIR cord fitted. Available in both stocked and custom sizes.
Secure Edge Attachments
Secure Tie Down Grommets
These covers have grommets at the corner and along the sides to fasten to the lashing bars or rings of the container via your TIR cable. (please note ALCO does not supply the TIR cables). TIR stands for “Transports Internationaux Routiers”. This is a customs convention for the international transportation of goods. TIR cable is used in open-top containers and the truck tarpaulin industry.
ALCO uses #10 grommets to allow for cable ties and for a more secure attachment to the seacan. The grommets are spaced every 8" for a tight fit.
Ribbed Cross Members
Your container may already be equipped with cross members (also called roof bows) that support the tarp cover. Please note that we do not supply these ribs.
Sea Worth Container Tarps
Tarp Cover Material
- 22oz (Heavy Duty Vinyl)
- Vinyl coated polyester reinforced with scrim
- Waterproof, rot proof, shrink proof
- NFPA fire retardant, CFM fire retardant
- Finished edges for clean crisp appearance
- Temperature range: -20° F to 160° F
Protect Your Cargo From The Elements
Open top container tarpaulins are designed with the knowledge that weather can be harsh and unpredictable by being exposed UV light from the sun. This requires the vinyl material to be UV treated for years of use.
Keeping the rain out is no problem for the open top container tarpaulin. The Vinyl is waterproof and weatherproof to keep the inside dry when the rain is pouring down. It protects the contents inside of the container.
When the wind is blowing you want to keep your goods from blowing around. With the use of the shipping container tarps for your container you will be protected. The tarp cover will keep the wind at bay.
Are They Needed?
Why Cover Shipping Containers?
For numerous reasons, it's crucial to tarp over shipping containers.
- In the first place, tarping a shipping container helps shield its contents from exposure to rain, snow, and other weather conditions. If the contents are delicate to moisture or water damage, this is especially crucial.
- Second, by shielding the contents of the container from prying eyes, a tarp can add an extra degree of security. This may be particularly crucial if the container must go through high-crime or high-theft risk areas.
- Lastly, tarping a cargo container can assist shield the actual container from harm. The paint may eventually erode and fade due to exposure to UV rays from the sun. You can shield the container from this harm and increase its lifespan by covering it with a tarp.
- Finally, to avoid debris from escaping and causing damage or accidents on the road, many shipping companies demand that containers be covered with a tarp during shipment.
In general, tarping a shipping container is a critical step in safeguarding its contents, assuring its security, preventing damage to the container, and adhering to transportation rules.