Made To Fit Common Sea Containers
Keeps the Rain Out
ALCO's shipping container covers will protect your valuable cargo if placed in open-top containers. These covers use heavy-duty vinyl with industrial strength. As a result, they are tear-resistant, mildew-resistant, and strong against rain, snow, wind, flying debris, or pests. Their slick surface allows for easy cleaning. The covers we offer are made for 20-foot and 40-foot open-top container.
These covers have grommets at the corner and along the sides to fasten to the lashing bars or rings of the container via your TIR cable. (please note ALCO does not supply the TIR cables). TIR stands for “Transports Internationaux Routiers”. This is a customs convention for the international transportation of goods. TIR cable is used in open-top containers and the truck tarpaulin industry.
ALCO uses #10 grommets to allow for cable ties and for a more secure attachment to the seacan. The grommets are spaced every 8" for a tight fit.
Ribbed Roof Bows
Your container may already be equipped with roof bows that support the tarp cover. Please note that we do not supply these ribs.
Why Cover Shipping Containers?
Safeguard The Contents And Adhere To Transportation Rules
- Covering a shipping container helps shield its contents from exposure to rain, snow, and other weather conditions. This is especially important if the contents are susceptible to moisture or water damage.
- By shielding the contents of the container from prying eyes, a tarp can add an extra degree of security. This may be particularly crucial if the container must go through high-crime or high-theft risk areas.
- Covering a cargo container can shield the actual container from harm. The paint may eventually erode and fade due to exposure to UV rays from the sun. You can shield the container from this harm and increase its lifespan by covering it with a tarp.
- Many shipping companies require that containers be covered with a tarp during shipment in order to prevent debris from escaping and causing damage or accidents on the road
Protection From The Elements
ALCO covers provide low temperature protection for the coldest climates.
ALCO covers provide UV protection for the sunniest and hottest climates.
ALCO covers provide extreme wind protection for the widest climates.
ALCO covers provide rain protection for the wettest climates.
USED BY THESE CUSTOMERS
Shipping Container Covers
- Material: 18oz Vinyl - Heavy Duty
- Warranty: 5 Years
- UV Rated: Yes
- Waterproof: Yes
- Custom Logo: No
- Ocean Rated: Yes
- Winter Use: Yes
- Tie Down Cables: No
- Edge Grommets: #10 Grommets Every 8" On Edges
Shipping Container Sizes
- 8' x 20'
- 8' x 40'