Open Top Dumpster Covers
Stormwater runoff and snowmelt if not channeled properly can easily be contaminated with toxic compounds such as oils, heavy metals suspended solids, grease, nutrients, and pollutants. This leads to improper storage and handling of liquid, solid and other waste materials. The best way of averting the release of pollutants to stormwater from dumpsters is to use an appropriate open top dumpster cover. These dumpster covers will keep the contents of the dumpster drive and prevents the runoff stormwater which can pollute the water table.
Roll-off Containers Covers
- Avoid liquid materials from getting into waste container or dumpster.
- Waste containers for outdoor use should be placed on low elevation pavement but far from storm drains or ditches.
- To avoid contamination, the waste container should be placed either indoors or under a roof.
- Once there is a sign of a storm coming, surroundings of trash containers placed outside should be swept before and immediately after the storm.
- If your waste starts exceeding the waste container, make arrangement for a new container or increase the amount of disposal.
- Waste containers should not be washed outdoors. Return containers to owners to help you with the washing in their facility. Wash waste containers used by the public in a sink or floor drain to channel wastewater to the sanitary sewer.
- Employees should be mandated to use appropriate containers for the dumping of trash during office hours. Bags can be made available as an alternative to waste containers and should be taken back to the appropriate disposal unit.
- Sanitary sewer is the best place to dispose wastewater from field facility or any disposal site that can be able to accommodate such wastewater.
40 yard dumpster tarps
- Every waste container should have a tight and equipped covers to help in the war against the waste of solid or liquid materials from leaking.
- The sign, “Keep It Clean Storm Drain” should be placed on all storm drain inlet to ensure a safe environment. Placing such inscription will make employee cautious and mindful of where they dispose waste material.
- Newly placed or renovated facility surrounding, accrued with waste material should be indoor or undercover and restricted to contain run-off.
- Placement of waste containers should be on a flat pavement with curb around the area for the prevention of run-off.