- Our blog will discuss the different things which can damage your outdoor furniture: the sun’s UV rays, water, dirt, and animals
- ALCO Covers can offer you different products such as outdoor table covers with zippers or waterproof patio table covers
- You can choose from different features and applications. You can give us the dimensions, and we will give you the best covers possible.
Some Quick Benefits Of Having Outdoor Furniture
- You can invite your friends or colleagues for a stay. It is a place for relaxation. You can meet with people, discuss anything you like, organize picnics, or relax under the sun. It is important to provide comfort
- You can organize dinner outside. It is perfect when you have special guests and staying inside does not feel right
- If you own a restaurant or café, having outdoor furniture is of vital importance for your business. There will be more seats. Some clients prefer staying outside and enjoying the fresh air. Adding an umbrella to the mix is a great idea
Why Purchasing Outdoor Table Covers Is Worth It
There is a price to pay for owning any type of outdoor furniture. The negative weather effects can easily damage your tables and chairs. It is important to measure your furniture’s sizes and take their form into account. Preparing in advance will help you find a proper and fitting cover. Here, is where ALCO Covers come in. Whether you need a square patio table cover or waterproof patio table cover, we can help you make a perfect choice.
Here Are The Main Negative Effects Your Outdoor Furniture Has To Go Through
The Sun’s UV Rays
They are perhaps the most serious threat to your outdoor furniture. The sun’s UV rays can cause all sorts of damage. Any wood furniture can suffer color fading or bleaching. The damage occurs slowly over time. If you keep the chairs and tables out in the open all the time, they will begin worsening. It is possible to fix them, but that could cost you big time. One more thing worth mentioning is the wood will become weaker as well. There are risks of breaking or splinting into small pieces.
Metal furniture can get hot under the sun and will be unusable until you cool it off. The same rule counts for similar materials as well. An outdoor picnic table cover would do a great job for this occasion. The custom made cover will offer excellent protection. Your furniture will remain as strong and colorful as always.
Rain can be annoying to deal with. Things get worse if you live in a rainy state. Protecting your outdoor chairs and tables should be a top priority. First of all, water makes using outdoor furniture uncomfortable. You cannot sit nor put anything on it. If there are soft pillows or blankets over there, things could get worse. It feels as drying can take forever. As soon as that happens, you will discover nasty stains on your furniture. Having to clean them every time a storm passes by is a nuisance. As soon as the moisture soaks in, it can begin causing structural damage to your furniture from the inside. Wood will start to rot away while metal will rust. It is advisable to avoid both hazards.
Similarly to UV damage, you can fix the issue. However, this solution is not worth it in the long run. If you want to maintain a good-looking garden or café, there is a better choice. You can avoid coughing up extra expenses and spending more time by investing in proper protection. ALCO’s outdoor table cover square is a great example for the occasion. It is waterproof and offers excellent protection from rain. The cover will allow air to circulate below the furniture. Its material will allow raindrops to slowly fall off. Our outdoor table covers are a perfect fit for any type of furniture you want to protect. Ordering a custom quote is quick and easy.
Wind and Flying Debris
Is your outdoor furniture next to a tree? During fall leaves can completely cover up your outdoor furniture. It can happen during other seasons as well. Things get worse as the weather becomes windy. Even without rainfall, the wind can send flying debris at your furniture. Examples are dirt, branches, leaves, and flying rubble. That could be an annoying problem to deal with.
- First, you will need to clean up the outdoor furniture before every use
- Second, hard debris such as metal could cause physical damage
- Third, smaller objects such as leaves and dirt could enter cracks and get stuck. Wicker tables and chairs often suffer from this issue
- Pollen can also be problematic as it can cover everything
ALCO’s outdoor table covers with zippers are a perfect solution as they can withstand strong wilds while providing excellent protection.
As weird as it sounds, animals can also mess up your outdoor chairs and tables. Their droppings can mess us the look of your furniture and ruin your plans for dinner. Squirrels are a major nuisance as they will start chewing on your pillows and rip everything apart. Insects are by far the worst. They will begin burrowing in holes and might create nests. You can avoid these issues by purchasing a custom made cover. It will take the hits while keeping your furniture secure. You can wash it with ease and save time, money, and efforts in the process.
Protection From The Elements
ALCO patio curtains are designed with the knowledge that weather can be harsh and unpredictable by being exposed UV light from the sun. This requires the Vinyl shades to be UV treated for years of use.
Keeping the rain out is no problem for the porch curtains. The Vinyl is waterproof and resistant to mold to keep the inside dry. Its slick surface also makes it dry quickly and clean easily.
When the wind is blowing you want to keep your goods from blowing around. With the use of the Vinyl enclosure curtains for your porch or patio you will be protected. The enclosure will keep the wind at bay.
ALCO Patio curtains are designed with the knowledge that weather can be harsh and unpredictable by being exposed UV light from the sun. This requires the Vinyl shades to be UV treated for years of use.
How To Maintain And Take Care Of Your Outdoor Furniture
Here are some general tips on how to protect and extend the life of your outdoor furniture. Knowing what to do during different seasons is important.
During The Hot Summer
During the summer, it is vital to keep your outdoor tables and chairs dry and clean. The UV rays will start damaging them otherwise. While most types of furniture can withstand some negative effects, it is better to not risk it and prepare in advance. Always make sure the surface and cracks are dry as mold and mildew can begin building up. Do not forget to brush off pollen as well. If the surface gets dirty, some stain remover can be of help.
In Winter Time
Do you want your outdoor tables and chairs to maintain their good looks? Always cover them during the winter. A combination of snow and cold temperatures can seriously damage your furniture. Two perfect solutions would be in a shed or by using our custom made, waterproof patio table covers. Tarps are risky to use because the wind can blow them away. Always tie them good to avoid that happening. Remember to leave some open space for air circulation. Before the new season arrives, do a check up on your outdoor furniture. Make sure everything is ok before covering it. If there is some structural damage, fix it. You should also remove stains. Such problems could worsen if left unchecked for months.
Protecting Wicker And Teak Furniture
- Be sure to brush all surfaces and angles. You can use a damp cloth or sponge. Add natural soap if you want to remove nasty stains. After that, wipe it with water
- A good idea would be to add salt to the water
- If you notice mold and mildew building up, add around two parts white vinegar
- Next, you should rinse with a hose. You can use a hand steam-cleaner. After you are ready, use a hair dryer to remove any remaining moisture
- Treat the teak furniture with some teak protector
- Add 2/1 ratio bleach and water to a soft brush. Clean all possible angles
- Rinse with water to remove remaining dirt or moisture
- While teak is resistant to water warping, it is better to keep it dry
Tips For Protecting Metal Furniture
- Go through every angle with water and metal washing powder. You can use different tools to scrub it away
- Check all possible angles for rust. Do not allow it to build up as the damage might ruin the surface. There are different ingredients you can use to remove it. Some notable examples are white vinegar, lime with salt, baking soda, potatoes with natural soap, chemical removers, or citric acid. After you are ready, spray the surface with paint. Be sure the paint’s and metal’s color resemble each other
- A useful tip would be to polish the metal surface with some metal wax. Doing that will guarantee a few months of protection against negative weather effects such as UV rays
Tips For Protecting Fabric Cushions
- Does your cushion have removable covers? You need to periodically clean them with detergents or washing powder. Not doing so could build up mold and mildew
- Let the covers dry. You can put a small cloth tarp on top of them while waiting
- Cloth materials require special care. You can use heavy duty liquid laundry detergents for them. Powder detergents are also an option. Let the covers dry and then fold them. Keep them inside a building, not outside
- Clean the umbrellas with less powerful detergents. Keep it open while drying up and close it after it dries out
How To Build The Perfect Outdoor Furniture Covers
Make Sure The Dimensions Match Your Furniture
Before doing anything else, check your outdoor furniture’s dimensions. They must fit perfectly or you risk purchasing a cover for nothing. Some clients ignore this and face serious issues later on. Make sure the cover is slightly shorter than your furniture to avoid dirt and water reaching it. A shorter cover will also allow air circulation which is healthy for your outdoor furniture.
Often, the producers will have their own cover to offer. If that is not an option for you, go with ALCO’s custom-made outdoor table covers. We offer a wide range of products. Some notable examples would be:
- Patio furniture covers. Choose between 17 different types of covers. You can order by cover size. Getting a quote is quick and easy
- BBQ grills cover. They provide excellent protection for your grilling equipment
- Umbrella covers. Our umbrella and parasol covers are of top-quality. These heavy-duty covers can withstand the negative weather effects for years to come. They also come with an amazing warranty.
- You can build your own custom shape here
ALCO offers a number of other products as well such as outdoor table covers rectangular, outdoor table cover square, outdoor table covers with zippers, and more. Grab a tape measure, measure the dimensions of your furniture, input them into our online form, select the features, and place your order. It doesn’t get any easier than that.
Waterproof Patio Furniture Covers
Every manufacturer provides products of different quality. Some covers might survive a small dew but cannot stand a chance against fierce storms. Others can provide protection for a couple of months before falling apart. Purchasing the wrong cover could be costly, as it will absorb and moisture rather than reflect it. Our covers use superior materials that are formulated for outdoor use. They let the raindrops roll off and keep the outdoor furniture dry. One frequent defect from big box stores’ covers is the seams. They are stitching points which can leak water during heavy rain. Avoid having drip marks by choosing ALCO Covers.
The Ability To Tie Down Your Cover
Storms with strong winds can blow your covers away unless you can tie them down. When looking for a new purchase, make sure the cover has ties which will keep it safe.
Only 3 Steps to Order
ALCO Covers Are The Right Choice For The Job
You can avoid any hazards by purchasing one of ALCO’s outdoor table covers. Our top-quality, heavy duty, custom-made furniture covers can offer yearly protection while looking stylish. They are easy to clean. There is no need to worry about UV rays, rain, snow, dirt, or debris anymore. With our covers, your outdoor furniture will be safe and sound.
The ordering process is quick and easy: take measurements, choose the special options, and place your final order. To start with, you can choose different categories such as sofas, dining sets, ottomans, benches, fire pits, umbrellas, grills, smokers, swing sets, and more. You can also choose between features such as color, cover splits, tie downs, and more.
Our Vinyl covers can withstand extreme weather conditions. It has high tensile strength and is resistant to mold and mildew. Not only the material, but its seams are waterproof as well. Our warranty for any patio furniture covers is five years. Shipment times for custom made covers are short – usually between five and seven days. Our resource center has answers to common questions.